Bob and Sarah and the McBean and the A Word

Our family of three and how we deal with the everyday challenges in our Minnesota life of raising a child with Autism.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Temporarily Child-less Once Again

The McBean is off again this morning with Grandma and Grandpa. A road trip to Kentucky to see Bob's sister. He is at such a complicated age. Part of him is still such a little kid, yet I see glimpses of the teenager within. This morning as he was getting ready to leave I asked him if he wanted to wear his hat. He said yes and took the hat I had given him, but then went to his room. From there he chose a different hat, went to the bathroom mirror, then spent a few minutes adjusting the hat. On backwards. He just looked so grown up.

He put on his backpack, more filled with books than toys, and walked off to the car with Grandma and Grandpa. I had to ask for a kiss goodbye. I am torn between being so proud of his independence and bravery and sense of adventure and already missing him.

Bob and I will certainly enjoy our 2 weeks of couple time, but I will be ready for my McBean to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home